Sport Inclusion Australia President Wayne Bird was today awarded Life Membership of Sport Inclusion Australia.
Bird becomes only the second life member after organisation founder and initial President Marie T Little OAM in 2006. Bird took over the Presidency on Little’s retirement in 2011. Bird’s involvement commenced in 2006, when as CEO of Basketball Victoria he attended his first meeting. So impressed by the movement, Bird welcomed the opportunity to join the Board in 2007.
During his time as President Wayne has demonstrated incredible leadership and compassion. A good listener, Bird has led the organisation through major transformation – a new name, brand, significant governance changes, amalgamation with Vicsrapid and the inception of the National Inclusion Alliance, while never deviating from the philosophy.
“Bird has led the organisation with integrity and distinction and apart from his list of accomplishments has not only increased the profile but also the professionalism of Sport Inclusion Australia.” Said Robyn Smith, CEO of Sport Inclusion Australia.
During his tenure Bird has also served as INAS Oceania Chairman from 2013 to 2017.
- President of Oceania on INAS Governing Board 2013 – 2017
- Representative of Finance Committee INAS Governing Board 2013 – 2017
- Development of the National Sport Inclusion Alliance
- Support of New Zealand to join INAS
- Successful bid and hosting of the 2017 INAS General Assembly
- Successful bid for the 2019 INAS Global Games
- Formation of the Global Games Sports Company
Wayne Bird 0412 112 238
Robyn Smith 0418 979 459